Nothing better than waking up to the smell of homemade bagels on a Sunday morning! These bagels are made with simple ingredients and very few steps. RYP Apple Powder gives it the perfect natural sweetness along with all fo the health benefits of organic apples.
- 1 1/4 cups warm water
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp active dry yeast
- 3 1/2 cups bread flour
- 1/4 cup RYP Apple Powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon (+more for seasoning)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- Milk + 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Combine warm water, sugar and active dry yeast in a bowl and let sit for 5 mins.
- Meanwhile, combine flour, Apple Powder, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl.
- Add the water to the dry mixture and knead for 10 minutes until it is no longer sticky. We do not have a stand-up mixture so it is possible by hand but warning, you are in for an arm workout!
- Lightly oil a large bowl, place kneaded dough in bowl, cover with damp towel and let sit in a warm area for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 425 (F) and oil or line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Separate dough into 6 pieces, roll into round balls and form bagel shape with fingers.
- Bring a large pot of water with sugar to a boil. Add baking soda.
- Add 2x bagel dough at a time. Boil for 1 minute on one side and flip for another minute.
- Align on baking sheet. Brush each bagel with milk + maple syrup.
- Sprinkle cinnamon on top and bake for 18 mins, or until tops are slightly golden.