This recipe is quick, easy and extremely fluffy! With a special ingredient, this Cranberry cake will be sure to wow your dinner guests over the Holiday's or a special occasion. By adding 4 tbsp of RYP Oh Cranada ~ Organic Cranberry Powder, you can add in less refined sugar and more natural sweetness of cranberries.
- 1 cup cake flour (equivalent to 3/4 cup and 2 tbsp all-purpose flour + 2 tbsp cornstarch)
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 4 tbsp RYP Cranberry Powder
- 1 1/2 cups egg whites
- 1 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees (F).
- Mix cake flour, powdered sugar, and RYP Cranberry Powder in a bowl. Sift together 3 times and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat egg whites until foamy (~5 minutes).
- Add cream of tartar and salt. Continue to beat with mixer on medium speed until stiff peaks form.
- Mix in vanilla and beat until just combined.
- Slowly sift dry ingredients into egg whites bowl. Fold in using a spoon.
- Pour your mixture into an ungreased 10-inch angel food cake pan (tube cake pan).
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until top becomes slightly golden brown and tooth pick comes out clean
- Allow to fully cool. Flip upside down, top with your favourite fruit, whipped cream, etc.
- Serve and Enjoy! :)
*this recipe contains 2 cups of raw cranberries*