This recipe will give you 14-16 delicious carrot-apple muffins ready to enjoy within 30 minutes! By mixing our RYP Organic Carrot Powder into the dry ingredients, your muffins will provide you with all the benefits fresh carrots supply!
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp RYP Keep Calm and Carrot On ~ Organic Carrot Powder
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup unsweetened smooth applesauce or plain yogurt
- 1 tsp orange zest (optional)
- 1/3 cup orange juice or pineapple juice
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded/grated apple (about 1 large)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup unsalted chopped walnuts or pecans
- Preheat oven to 425°F Spray a muffin tin with nonstick spray or use cupcake liners. This recipe yields 14-16 muffins.
- Whisk the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, salt, and RYP Carrot powder together in a large bowl. In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, brown sugar, honey, oil, applesauce, orange zest, orange juice, and vanilla together until combined. Whisk in the shredded apples.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, then add the raisins and pecans. Fold everything together just until combined.
- Spoon the batter into liners, filling them all the way to the top and bake for 5 minutes at 425.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 350°F and bake for an additional 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool in the muffin sheet, then transfer to a wire rack to cool until ready to eat.
- Enjoy hot or cold, plain or with your favourite nut butter :)