RYP Pumpkin Bread
A healthier and delicious pumpkin bread that will change your life!! Including natural sweeteners like maple syrup and the secret that will change your fall baking forever... RYP Organic Pumpkin Powder that rehydrates into puree by just adding water :) WOW.
*Check out our "How to Make Your Own Pumpkin Puree" Blog post!
- For the wet ingredients
- ⅓ cup butter
- 6 tbsp RYP #Squash Goals ~ Organic Pumpkin Powder
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup apple sauce
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- For the dry ingredients
- 1 ¾ cup whole wheat pastry flour (or white whole wheat flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- For the glaze
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened almond milk (any df milk will work)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8 ½ x 4 ½ inch loaf pan with parchment paper and spray with nonstick cooking spray, set aside. Mix RYP #SquashGoals Powder and water and set aside for at least ~45 mins to rehydrate into a puree, stir every once in a while to remove any clumps, watch and let the magic happen.
- Add butter to a saucepan and place over medium heat. The butter will begin to crackle and then foam, make sure to whisk constantly. After a couple of minutes, the butter will begin to brown and turn a nice golden color on the bottom of the saucepan. Continue to whisk and remove from heat as soon as the butter begins to brown. Immediately transfer the butter to a large bowl to prevent burning. Set aside to cool for 5-10 minutes.
Add RYP created pumpkin puree, apple sauce, pure maple syrup, eggs and vanilla to the large bowl of browned butter. Whisk together until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and allspice until well combined. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth top with a spatula. Bake for 50-65 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean or with just a few crumbs attached. Allow bread to cool in pan for 10 minutes, then remove bread from pan and place on a wire rack to cool completely.
Once bread is completely cool, make the maple glaze - In a small bowl, mix together the powdered sugar, pure maple syrup, melted butter and df milk. Pour over the pumpkin bread, then cut into slices and serve, enjoy!
Leave a comment
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published