Introducing the perfect savoury scone! This snack pairs perfectly in the morning with a cup of coffee. With 3 tbsp of RYP Don't Stop Beleafing ~ Organic Spinach Powder equal to 6 cups of raw spinach! Feel free to swap out Kale for another RYP Green powder such as kale, broccoli, cabbage, veg blend. This recipe yields 8 large scones!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp RYP Spinach Powder
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup feta cheese
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp water
- Preheat the oven to 375 (F) and line a large baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, red pepper flakes, salt, RYP Spinach Powder.
- Using a cheese grater, grate the cold butter into the mixture and use your hands to work in until coarse crumbles.
- Pour in the milk and use hands to work in as you did in Step 3.
- Transfer dough to a floured surface and knead ~ 5 times.
- Roll out with a rolling pin ~ 1 inch thick and shape into a round circle.
- Cut into 8 triangular pieces and transfer to baking sheet.
- Whisk egg and water and brush each scone with egg wash. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve warm or cold. Top with feta, butter, jam, or cheese, etc. Enjoy! :)