Looking for a Halloween Treat that won't keep the kiddos up all night long... look not further, this quick and easy recipe is all you need with some added nutritional benefits from our RYP #SquashGoals ~ Organic Pumpkin Powder!
Ingredients - Cookies
- 1/2 cup almond butter (or any nut butter of choice)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 flax egg (1 cup water with 1 tbsp ground flax - let sit for 5 mins)
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 4 tbsp RYP #SquashGoals ~ Organic Pumpkin Powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup quinoa flour (add 1/4 cup quinoa to blender)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
Ingredients - Toppings
- Melting chocolate (we used 1/4 cup chocolate chips melted)
- Reese's mini peanut butter cups
- Mini Marshmallows or if you can find the candy eyes... we couldn't
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper if needed, set aside.
- In a large bowl beat together the nut butter, syrup, flax egg, sugar, vanilla and RYP #SquashGoals ~ Organic Pumpkin Powder. Once smooth stir in flour, oats, chocolate chips, baking soda and salt
- Scoop the dough onto the baking sheet, gently flatten and place in the oven for 10-15 minutes until golden brown. Remove from the oven and let completely cool before transferring to a cooling rack to add toppings.
- Use the melting chocolate to stick the reese's mini cups as the spider body, pipe the spider legs and add the mini marshmallows as eyes, enjoy!