I know I can speak for many when I say Kraft Dinner was a childhood favourite! This creation brings back memories, but doesn't horrify me when I look at the ingredients... Containing as few ingredients as possible, this pumpkin pasta sauce is created with RYP #SquashGoals ~ Organic Pumpkin Powder, otherwise known as a FULL SMALL PUMPKIN!! This recipe makes ~4 servings!
*this recipe would also be great with our Beet Powder or Carrot Powder*
- 2 cup uncooked Macaroni
- 4 tbsp RYP #SquashGoals ~ Organic Pumpkin Powder
- 2 tbsp RYP Elvis Parsley ~ Organic Parsley Powder (if available)
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp butter (vegan or not)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 tsp paprika
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 (382g) can coconut milk
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese (vegan or not)
- Parsley for topping
- Bring water to a boil and cook macaroni until al dente.
- Combine RYP #SquashGoals and water in a mixing bowl. Stir until fully combined and leave until thickened to make Pumpkin Puree.
- Melt butter on a saucepan and add minced garlic until just sautéed.
- Over medium heat, stir in paprika, salt, coconut milk, RYP Parsley Powder and RYP Pumpkin Puree.
- Reduce heat and let simmer for 10 minutes, or until thickened, stirring every once in a while.
- Drain and rinse cooked pasta. Add pasta to pumpkin sauce.
- Mix in shredded cheese, stir until combined and dish into bowls.
- Top with Parsley if desired, and enjoy your adult version of KD! :)