Everyone loves a good spin dip on a cold winter day, and with this recipe you don't have to use up your entire bag of spinach for the week ahead :)
- 2-4 tbsp RYP Don't Stop Beleafing ~ Organic Spinach Powder
- 1/2-1 cup fresh spinach for presentation if desired
- 2 cups raw cashews
- 1 package medium-firm tofu
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups finely chopped yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup finely chopped artichoke hearts
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp greek seasoning or sub a garlic spice blend
- 1/2 tsp red chilli flakes
- pinch of sea salt
- tortilla chips, toasted bread, or crackers
- Soak the cashew in water for atleast for hours, overnight (up to 12 hours) in the fridge. Drain and rinse before using.
- In a high speed blender, blend together the drained cashews, tofu, nutritional yeast, water, apple cider vinegar and RYP Spinach Powder until smooth, set aside.
- In a medium frying pan heat oil over medium low heat, add onions and cook until soft and translucent about 5-8 mins. Reduce heat and cook for another 20 mins to caramelize onions.
- Increase heat back up to medium-low and add crushed garlic cook for a minute max, add artichokes, fresh spinach, lemon juice, seasonings and the tofu mixture. Cook and stir until the dip is hot and everything is incorporated, add water if needed to thin the dip.
- Scrape the dip into a serving bowl and serve warm with tortilla chips, pita bread, crackers or sliced raw veggies, enjoy :)