This quick and easy recipe contains 3 tbsp of RYP Blend it Up ~ Organic Veg Blend... AKA 3 full cups of mixed vegetables!! This recipe makes 12-15 falafels, depending on how big you make your patties. They are great in a toasted pita filled with raw vegetables and topped with tzatziki. They are also delicious in between two burger buns in replace of processed meat.
- 1 can chickpeas; drained, rinsed, pealed
- 1/2 small onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup cilantro
- 1/3 cup parsley (or mint)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 tbsp RYP Veg Blend
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- Pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Add chickpeas, onion, garlic, cilantro, parsley/mint, flour, RYP Veg Blend, lemon juice, lemon zest, baking powder, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper to a food processor. Pulse until mixture is coarse and not too mushy.
- Form 2 tbsp of mixture into a ball and flatten into a patty. It should make 12-15 patties.
- Add 1 tbsp of olive oil to a pan on medium heat.
- Add 4 patties at a time. Cook until both sides are golden brown. Allow to cool on paper towel.
- Repeat steps 3. and 4. until all patties are cooked.
- Once cooled, serve as desired and enjoy! :)
- Store leftover patties in fridge for up to 3 days.