This quick and easy treat gives you a boost of nutrition, as well as some added protein to your mid day snack :)
- 1½ cups whole raw almonds
- 1½ cups regular oats
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup whole dates pitted
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 4 tbsp RYP Fruit Protein
- 2½ cups whole dates, pitted
- ½ cup water
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Line pan with parchment or wax paper for easy removal of bars.
- Place Almonds, oats and salt in a food processor and process until it becomes like flour.
- Add dates and continue to process until a crumble begins to form.
- Melt coconut oil and add to the mixture and process until sticky. You may need to add a little water if your dates were drier, you are looking for a sticky, slightly crumbly dough. Set aside ½ cup of this mixture for the topping.
- Press the remaining mixture into the bottom of the pan to form a crust.
- Add the remaining dates, protein, water and vanilla to the food processor and process until smooth. Add more water if needed with the protein serving.
- Pour the mixture onto the crust and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle the reserved crust mixture over the dates and gently press into the dates. Refrigerate until firm at least 1 hour. Cut into squares and serve. Store in the fridge or freezer.